These are the goals of St. Anthony’s CYO
- To provide programs that fulfill the needs within our parish for our children.
- To provide within such programs an atmosphere where all children, regardless of athletic ability can flourish and grow. Where the emphasis is on learning, development skills, fostering friendship and enhancing self-esteem. Where competition is friendly and winning is secondary.
- To maintain a program that is manageable in size and non-threatening, so that each child can receive as much individual attention as possible and not get lost in a crowd.
- To ensure that the adults in the program are committed to the virtues of patience, gentleness and understanding, and set an example of fairness and self-control at all times.
- To encourage parents and relatives to support the programs both physically—by volunteering to work in the individual programs—and emotionally—by their presence and positive reinforcement at these activities.
- To provide programs not just limited to sports but other experiences both social and spiritual to enable children to discover and develop their persons in a friendly, spiritual and joyful atmosphere.
- To, above all else, represent Christ to our children, to their parents and to one another and to incorporate fully Christian ideals into every facet of St. Anthony’s CYO program.